This graphic literally says it all: I AM ENOUGH! I don’t need a relationship and/or children to feel valuable or “worthy of being a woman” whatever the fuck that means. I can honestly say that I am the absolute happiest I have ever been in my life. I live by my own rules, and I am accountable to no one but me. This doesn’t make me a cold, unfeeling person, because once you get to know me, you will quickly discover that I am the exact opposite.
One of the biggest misconceptions people think being a single and childless woman means is:
- I have lots of free time, therefore, I should be available whenever and wherever someone needs me.
- I should have lots of money since I have no “real responsibilities”.
- I’m a lonely spinster.
- My time is my own, and I choose how to spend it. Contrary to popular belief, I am often busier than not. I just don’t advertise my life on social media or to others, and I have no problem saying “no” simply because I do not want to. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
- I’m comfortable, but I ain’t rich by a long shot. I work a 9-5, as well as a couple of side hustles. I’m an ambitious woman with many passions, passions that I want to generate me some income. If anything, being single often means you have to work harder to afford basic necessities like food, clothing, and shelter simply because you’re not sharing the expenses with anyone.
- I am alone, but very rarely lonely. See #2. I am always on some kind of grind, and when I need companionship, trust and believe, I gets it.
So yeah, this carefree black girl is loving life. Being single ain’t a death sentence or a badge of shame. Just do you and be happy. That is all…