First things first: Happy October and Happy Autumn! Is it me or has this year literally flown by? It’s October already! I remember it turning July 1st like it was yesterday.
I’ve bought roughly ten books in the last month, but I haven’t actually done any reading. I’ve been in a serious reading funk. Nothing appeals to me. Whenever I try to start a new book, after a few pages, I’m like, FTS!
I remember I could pick up my Kindle and just read for hours on end, but I’ve lost that lovin’ feelin’. This has happened to me before, but it didn’t last but a few days. Not this time…
Black Jesus has given me a few ideas:
- Schedule time to read. I often just try to read out of boredom when my mind is really on other things.
- Turn off the damn TV. Yes, I’m easily distracted, which I’m sure is part of the problem.
- Create a cozy atmosphere. Pillows. Lots of pillows. And maybe a throw and a cup of warm cider (Whew, my favorite fall beverage!)
- Put Kindle in airplane mode. Again, distractions…
- If you don’t feel like reading then don’t read! But do something stimulating and creative.
Thank you, Black Jesus! I’m gonna give it a try.
You ever been in a reading funk? How do you get your mojo back?